Opening hours from Saturday 4th July
Kitchen: 12pm-2pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm
We can’t wait to have you all back at The George! Due to government guidance, we will have the following new procedures in place and although we appreciate that these are very restrictive, it is only by complying with the guidance that we are able to reopen and we would ask you to please help us keep The George a safe place for all our customers and staff:
- We will be operating a one-way system whereby entry to the pub will be through the front door and exit through the back door to the garden and will continue with our one in/one out policy for drinks service from the bar. Please queue outside as shown by the markings on the car park. Please wait to be called in.
- While the weather remains nice, we will not be opening the inside of the pub and tables will only be available in the garden and at the front.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance and exit and we ask that you please use these.
- Standing inside the pub or at the bar once you have been served is not permitted.
- Bookings will be required for food and for the time being, all reserved tables will be in the garden. We have marquees up to protect you from any showers!
- We will for the time being only be taking bookings of up to 8 people.
- If you have booked a table, you can go straight to the garden by the side gate and you will be shown to your table. All tables in the garden will be table service.
- Takeaways will still be available Wednesday – Saturday evenings and can be ordered by calling us on 01264 737279. You are welcome to order a takeaway and enjoy it on one of the tables at the front of the pub, but we will not be taking reservations for these tables.
- Please do not move any tables and do not sit at any table which has not yet been cleared and cleaned from previous customers – we will be ensuring that this is done as quickly as possible.
- You are welcome to stand and enjoy your drinks either in the back garden or at the front of the pub, but we ask that you comply with social distancing measures currently in place, including:
- Only being in groups of either two households or six individuals from different households;
- Keeping a distance of at least 1m between you and people outside your household
- Ensuring that your children remain with you and under your supervision. We are unable to allow children to run around the garden or approach other groups. The green opposite can still be used for children to play!
- Toilets will also work on a strictly one in one out system.
- We will take names and contact details of all customers (or one customer from a group) and keep these details for 21 days. If you are making a reservation, we will use the contact details provided on booking, otherwise we will request these details on your arrival.
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 you should isolate as per government requirements.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to those not complying with these and other social distancing requirements.
We will of course keep these procedures under review and hope that we can start welcoming you in a more normal fashion soon!
In the meantime, please bear with us – we are as new to this as you are and are learning the best way to comply with the guidance whilst still giving you the great experience you are used to having at The George. We can’t wait to see you!